Thursday, December 23, 2004

Snow fantasies

What's more wonderful than waking up to 6-8 inches of fresh snow? The day started with drinking coffee in my duds of cuddle while reading the newspaper (thanks for delivering it in the snow!) and watching the local news report on the weather (It's snowing! Live at 11!).

Babycakes and the children awoke and we all sat down to enjoy our lovely breakfast and to exclaim about the 8-10 inches of snow when the girl-child announced, "If I have to stay inside all day someone WILL BE MURDERED."

"Have some more raspberry jam," I replied.

"I'm going out," she announced, "or I'M NOT KIDDING, someone will die."

"Well, that's nice, dear," I said sweetly, "but you won't be driving a car when you do. In case you haven't noticed, there's 10-12 inches of snow on the ground outside."

She retreated to her room upstairs (the one I haven't stepped foot in for over a year) and didn't come down again for hours. I was relaxing on the couch with Babycakes reading Utne and drinking tea and looking out at the beautiful 12-14 inches of snow when the girl-child entered, fully dressed, carrying a pair of bright orange Doc Marten boots.

"The buses are running," she announced. Then she put on her boots and left.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was there, and I still laughed when I read it! When can we cuddle in your duds again? Babycakes