Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Ham is the new turkey

Babycakes wants ham next year. I guess she's tired of eating leftover turkey for four days in a row.

Thanksgiving was wall-to-wall ham, 24-hour-a-day ham, ham-o-rama, a hamfest all day long. Yeah, there was turkey too, but neither of us ate any.

Our relationship began when she was a card-carrying member of the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals. And she was vegan. And jewish. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever imagine that she'd eat ham. But she does. It's cute. I haven't told her that ham is the traditional Easter Dinner dish. She only eats peanut butter chocolate eggs at Easter anyway so she wouldn't notice anything that the Christians do.

Remind me to tell you about my brother's funeral. It involves ham and jews and lesbians.

No comments: