Wednesday, December 8, 2004

Number of years spent mothering: 18

My daughter turned 18 this week. While she is healthy and funny and is a joy to be around (most of the time), these numbers might help tell the whole story.

The number of:

emergency room visits: 30
times dramatically transported to the ER in an ambulance: 2

musical or theatrical performances: 150
rehearsals for those performances: 500
performances in which her "costume" involved push-up bras: 20

times she changed her hair color: 35
hair colors I liked: 1 (the original)

times she climbed out of her second floor bedroom window in the middle of the night: 1 (I think)
times she broke a window because she forgot her key: 2
times she blamed the broken window on "some bad kids" and called the police: 1

times she blew her curfew: 1,000
visits to the police station: 1

things I've learned from her in 18 years: countless

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Majority to the little missy! We loves her so.

EEK

Dott Comments said...

Oh, and don't forget to ask to see her new tattoo.

Anonymous said...

Wow...the little girl that babysat my little Ricky is 18 and has a tattoo. Now I'm feeling old. I do feel better about his ER visit/Age ratio though. - Dave