1. I worked on a documentary film crew when I was a teenager. When I was 19 I stopped and went to college.
2. My favorite color is red. Purple comes in second.
3. The Rolling Stones will always be my favorite band. The song, "Honky Tonk Woman," heard on a jukebox, changed my life.
4. I like black and white photography best.
5. I wore Earth shoes. I've also worn 3-inch heels. What was I thinking?
6. I used to be a vegetarian but now I eat almost anything. But not oysters.
7. To me, ice cream is the perfect food. If you add fruit and a cookie it counts as a meal.
8. I dropped out of graduate school. It was a combination American Studies/Women's Studies PhD program. Sometimes I feel sad about it.
9. I own a vintage fur coat.
10. I used to be a bartender. I'm disturbed by the trend of serving almost any cocktail in a martini glass and calling it "stupid-tini" or something.
11. I have voted for a republican, but it wasn't for anything important.
12. I love Manhattan. If I were wealthy, I'd live there.
13. I need nitrous oxide (laughing gas) to have my teeth cleaned.
14. I had an imaginary playmate until I was 3. Her name was Coco.
15. I took French in both high school and college and I all remember is how to spell hors d'oeuvres. Well, that and merde.
16. I didn't come out as a lesbian until I was 39 years old. Better late than never.
17. I want to learn how to drink bourbon.
18. I get seasick very easily -- on the Ohio River, on Lake Michigan, in Puget Sound -- this tells me I should never book a cruise, or that I was a pirate in a former life.
19. I drive a blue convertible.
20. The most famous person I ever shook hands with was Robert Kennedy. It was a long time ago.