Monday, March 14, 2005

Why we blog

I've been telling stories all my life. Sometimes I write them down and show them to people but mostly I just tell them. All the time. Every day.

People who know me are nodding their heads right now. Sometimes I just won't shut up. Even when I should. I just go on and start telling another story.

Most of the stories are true. Mostly. Well, they started out to be true and then they became funny or meaningful or sad and the whole truth slips away a bit to reveal the funny bit ... or the sad part.

The characters are real but the names have been changed. Or the names are real and the characters are composites. My children aren't really that wild but they do say some pretty funny things. Just not all on the same day.

Except one the day the boy-child said this (and I wrote it down verbatim and kept it because it was so perfect): "I don't believe in heaven or hell. When I die I'm going to Pittsburgh to play the saxophone."

Really. It's true.

No comments: