Sunday, November 28, 2004

Thanksgiving Part One: The Food

My brother and sister in law really know how to put on a feast -- thanks guys! Here's a list of the food, some of which I never got a chance to sample:

  • A turkey (the size of a small country)
  • Two hams, a Honeybaked and a country ham my sister brought from Virginia
  • Our traditional family fruit salad (the "big kids" helped make it with me)
  • Cornbread stuffing
  • Casseroles: green bean, broccoli and sweet potato
  • Noodles (from Aunt Lou's recipe)
  • Mashed potatoes (my nephew from California wowed us with these -- garlic and goat cheese)
  • More pies than I could count. I saw pumpkin, peach and pecan
  • A birthday cake and ice cream

And that was just for Thanksgiving dinner! We also had eggs and bacon (and more ham) and biscuits and fried apple pies and pumpkin bread ... and can I have more coffee with that?

No comments: