Monday, January 8, 2007

Gravity leaking

Somewhere between the odd smell they detected today in Manhattan and the fortune I got in a cookie not so long ago I find I've developed a mild case of anxiety.

Like the not-distinct odor and the un-fortune, I can't really describe what this is, but it's troubling all the same. I'm not sure if there's anything to be worried about, but I have started preparing, just in case.

It's just that I don't feel quite ... prepared. I feel as if there's a test coming up for which I've forgotten to study. Or that I've finally noticed the shoe almost ready to drop. I'm certain that a quiet day can easily incubate a tragic storm.

If you don't hear from me, you can assume the worst. But if blogging is allowed in the underworld, I'll let you know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

remember, the world is supposed to end in just five short years.

six days after my 25th. how wierd.

MsAPhillips said...

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2003-10-13-bush-poll_x.htm

you're in very good company.

i always considered a general sense of unease to be a sign of mental acuity...