Friday, December 29, 2006

Do Be Do

After days and days of decorating and wrapping and cooking and entertaining and being entertained I ... just ... stopped.

I consider myself a "do -er" not a "be -er" most of the time. And now I know why. I'm not very good at just be -ing.

After a day or two of having nothing to do I can feel my brain starting to rot. Instead of reading, I watch trashy TV (did you know that HGTV has a show about Scrapbooking?). Instead of doing things around the house, I wander around the house (I threw some dishtowels in the washer and forgot about them for 2 days). Instead of doing anything productive online, I play online games (Bejewelled is the best!).

Then I decided that I should run some errands. You know, just to get out of the house. I am usually very efficient. But that's when I am in do -ing mode. Be -ing mode is entirely different.

I waited in line for 40 minutes to renew my license tags. I waited in line for 40 minutes to return/exchange a gift at Best Buy. The cat ran out of her special prescription food so I rushed over to the Vet ... and bought the wrong kind. Now I have to go back.

What about you? Are you a be -er or a do -er? Maybe we can give each other lessons.

No comments: