Monday, August 1, 2005

Can you get seasick on Lake Michigan?

Babycakes and I spent the weekend in Chicago (you'll hear more about our trip in later posts, but you can see pictures now). The weather was gorgeous and we wandered down to the lake, lured by the giant ferris wheel at the Navy Pier.

I wanted to go up in the big tall wheel but babycakes reminded me that she doesn't enjoy heights so we decided to go for a ride in the tall sailing ship instead.

Bad idea. I lost my lunch. Right there over the side. Three times. No, we don't have pictures of THAT.

I always forget that I don't do well on boats on open water. I can handle a canoe or even white water rafting but clearly I need to stay close to the shore. But this boat was so pretty with its tall white sails and the water looked lovely and the cruise was only an hour and a half ... I was sure it would be just fine. Besides, this was not the ocean, it was Lake Michigan.

I think I've learned my lesson.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Great pictures! When's the chocolate party? ha! I love, love, love Chicago!!!

Dott Comments said...

Thanks! Alas, I didn't BUY chocolate, just posed with it.

But I'll attend any chocolate party you're having.