Saturday, October 30, 2004

"... a duel with deadly weapons ... "

I'll be a poll worker next week. Today I picked up the bag containing the Accuvote machine and the roll of voters in my precinct.

When I went to training we were sworn in as official Election Officers. Here's what part the oath says:

"... I will faithfully execute to the best of my ability, the title of Election Officer, according to law; and I do further solemnly swear that since the adoption of the present Constitution, I, being a citizen of this State, have not fought a duel with deadly weapons, within this Steate, nor out of it; nor have I sent or accepted a challenge to fight a duel with deadly weapons, nor have I acted as a second in carrying a challenge, or aided or assisted any person thus offending, so help me God. "

No comments: