Sunday, April 24, 2005

Fifteen things about me

1. I worked on a documentary film crew when I was a teenager. When I was 19 I stopped and went to college.
2. My favorite color is red. Purple comes in second.
3. The Rolling Stones will always be my favorite band.
4. I like black and white photography best.
5. I wore Earth shoes.
6. I used to be a vegetarian but now I eat almost anything.
7. To me, ice cream is the perfect food. If you add fruit and a cookie it counts as a meal.
8. I dropped out of graduate school. It was a combination American Studies/Women's Studies PhD program. Sometimes I'm sad about it. And yes, I swear I didn't know I was a lesbian until years later.
9. I own two fur coats
10. I used to be a bartender. I'm disturbed by the trend of serving almost any cocktail in a martini glass and calling it "stupid-tini" or something.
11. I have voted for a republican, but it wasn't for anything important.
12. Ted Danson was my waiter in a Manhattan restaurant. It was before "Cheers."
13. I need nitrous oxide (laughing gas) to have my teeth cleaned.
14. I had an imaginary playmate until I was 3. Her name was Coco.
15. I took French in both high school and college and I all remember is how to spell hors d'oeuvres. Well, that and merde.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

"10. I used to be a bartender. I'm disturbed by the trend of serving almost any cocktail in a martini glass and calling it "stupid-tini" or something."

Yes, yes, and more YES.

Steve Caratzas said...

Didn't the Stones also have an imaginary playmate named Coco?

Anonymous said...

What about your stuffed dog named "Fluffy".

Dott Comments said...

Ok, which of my relatives posted this anonymous comment? Fess up!

How could I forget Fluffy! He's still around here somewhere.

Anonymous said...

i want to know about the fur coats? do you keep them at home? what kind are they? do you ever wear them? (amimal lover but lover of fur coats)

Dott Comments said...

One of the coats is an inherited muskrat in pristine condition. The other is a mouton from Goodwill that's seen better days.

I do keep them at home. I rarely wear them any more. The muskrat is too warm for our climate and weighs over 30 pounds. And the mouton is quite shabby. I've tried to give it to my daughter but she sneers at it.

Shephard said...

15 very revealing clues to who you are. Great idea!
I have 4 fur coats... their names are Rugby, Mokee, Oboe & Golly... and they run around the house terrorizing imaginary mice.
--S